Bringing unparalleled coverage and insight on Milan Design Week & Salone Del Mobile, Milantrace is an annual project that began in 2014 by Dana Tomic Hughes, founder of Yellowtrace. The event brings Milan to the local design community via a digital report and live talks across Australia, and now for the very first time New ...
This year has been a year that will never be forgotten. As it draws to an end, we would like you to reflect on how 2020 has impacted you.
Through this design competition you’ll be asked to reinterpret Schamburg + Alvisse’s JAC Chair into an emotive art piece that expresses your 2020 journey. Using a medium like paint, fabric, rope, or everyday household items – let your imagination run wild.
The final entries will be judged by Marc Schamburg & Michael Alvisse, the winning firm will receive an all-expenses paid dining experience.
Registrations close Tuesday 20th October, please fill out the below form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to show your interest.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
3. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon it’s individual informative nature.
Who can enter
4. Subject to clause 4, entry is open to select individuals as invited by Zenith.
5. Limited one entry per firm, with maximum of 6 people working on the design.
6. Entrants must be the principal or an employee of a registered design office/company.
7. Entrants may use any medium to customise the JAC chair.
8. If accepted your JAC chair will be delivered to you on Monday 2nd November when the competition officially starts.
9. Entrants to send through concept and progress photos by Monday 16th November
10. Entrants to submit their creation to the Zenith Showroom with:
10.1. 100 word or less description of the design and,
10.2. Stylised photo of the JAC Chair in an environment that best expresses your vision
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
11. The competition commences on Monday 2nd November 2020 upon delivery of JAC Chair and closes Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 4:00pm AEST time. All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
12. The winner will be announced via Zoom call by Marc Schamburg & Michael Alvisse week of the 14th of December. There will be one (team or individual) winner announced.
Prize on offer
13. The winning firm will receive an all-expenses paid dining experience.
14. The final artwork will be displayed by ZENITH until January 2021, then will be returned to the firm.
View all Articles
Conceived with materiality at the core of the Archie Table collection, the Cooktown Silver Ash timber option has an open and straight grain with characteristic long vessel lines. Hardwoods of Australia exclusively sources its speciality “Branch 95” hardwood products from sawmills owned and operated by Indigenous Australians. These sawmills provide local indigenous peoples with employment ...
Senator, part of The Senator Group, represented exclusively in Australia by Zenith, has set out to change the landscape of educational and training environments by launching Ad-Lib ‘Scholar’. This innovative design is the latest addition to the brand’s Ad-Lib range of multi-purpose seating and tables. View Press Release [PDF] Designed by award winning designers PearsonLloyd and developed ...